When Death Occurs
Things to ConsiderWhen a loved one dies, it can be a very disturbing time for the survivors. They are faced with a myriad of tasks before, during, and after the funeral service. We at Barile Family Funeral Homes are trained to provide thoughtful assistance during these challenging times. In an effort to be of greater help, we have developed the following checklist of important things you may wish to consider in preparing for the tasks that lie ahead.
When A Death Occurs
The very first thing you will want to do is contact us at by phone. If this is long distance, please call us collect. We will immediately go to work to care for the deceased and help you arrange funeral services. At your convenience, we will want to discuss the following information. Filling out the accompanying Individual Service Profile form will help facilitate this discussion:
- Vital statistics about the deceased such as full name, address, social security number, birth date, marital status, etc.
- Personal history of the deceased such as education, employment, military service, memberships and affiliations, general biographical information, etc.
- Clergy to be contacted
- Immediate family and friends to be contacted
- Notices in newspaper and other media
- Type of funeral service desired
- Type of casket, vault, urn
- Musical selections
- Scriptural selections, poetry, readings
- Floral requests
- Clothing and jewelry requests
- Casket bearers
- Type of disposition: earth burial, entombment, cremation, etc.
- Organ and tissue donation preferences
You can begin the arrangement process by filling out our Pre-Planning Form Here
482 Main Street, Stoneham, MA 02180 - Phone: 781-438-2280
11 Linden Street, Reading, MA 01867-2936 - Phone: 781-944-1589